Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Just Foolin' Myself - Diane Schuur


Foolin' Myself (1937)
lyrics: Jack Lawrence; music Peter Tinturin

Click on this audio link to hear blind jazz singer Diane Schuur perform a superior rendition of this Billie Holiday classic.
www.last.fm/music/Diane%2520Schuur/_/I%27m%2520Just%2520Foolin%27%2520Myself?ac=I%27m%20just%20foolin%20myself

I tell myself I'm through with love,
And I'll have nothing more to do with love;
I stay away, but every day
I'm just foolin' myself.

I tell my friends that I don't care,
I shrug my shoulders at the whole affair.
But they all know it isn't so,
I'm just foolin' myself.

And every time I pass and see

My face in a looking glass
I tip my hat and say
How do you do you fool
You're throwing your life away.

I'm acting gay, I'm acting proud
And every time I see you in a crowd
I may pretend, but in the end
I'm just foolin' myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment